IT 3703 Introduction to Data Analytics and Technology
Scheduled Offering: see IT courses schedule plan.
Recent offerings: Spring 2021
This course provides a comprehensive overview of data processing technologies, techniques, tools, and applications. It sets a context and foundation for further studies in data analytics. Latest trends in analytics, big data, and data science will be introduced.
This course is a new elective as part of the new data analytics and technology concentration for BSIT.
- Identify and compare key knowledge areas in data management and processing.
- Describe the general process of analytics methods and major components.
- Explain common data models and storage technologies used for analytics solutions.
- Explain common data formats and methods used in data preparation.
- Explain four basic levels of data analytics and typical analytical methods at each level.
- Explain major methods and tools for data presentation, exploration, and delivery.
- Build a basic data analytics application.
Grade of C or better in IT 3223 Hardware and Software, 3153 Database Systems (or concurrent registration).
- IT 3703 Syllabus
- IT 3703 Open Education Resources
- Technologies and tools: Google Data Studio, BigQuery
| ||Spring ||Summer ||Fall
|Odd Year ||- ||D/O ||-
|Even Year ||E/O ||- ||E/O
For all courses please see permanent schedule page (create our own page based on database)